These files and information can be found on the Halo Custom Edition page.
These might be out of date by now. My copies were downloaded on 01/30/2019 and are not kept up to date. Check their website for up to date versions or any new Windows 10 patches if you run into any issues.
- Halo CE installer with 1.0.10 patch and campaign UI map file – official site | mirror
- Single player maps – official site | mirror (archive pw: rock!etFl00d)
- Extract Halo1CE.zip.
- Run halocesetup_en_1.00.exe (download) to install Halo Custom Edition.
- Run haloce-patch-1.0.10.exe (download) after installing to apply the Windows 10 patch.
Single Player Maps
You should now be able to open Halo CE. The installer does not include single player maps and the main menu does not have a campaign option. You will need to download and extract .map files to <install dir>\maps (ex: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\maps).
Here is a list of the single player maps on the halomaps.org site. I have included a .zip of all maps in the files section of this page. Please note that I do not keep these updated and cannot guarantee they will work in future versions.
- Single Player A10 Level – The Pillar of Autumn
- Single Player A30 Level – Halo
- Single Player A50 Level – Truth and Reconciliation
- Single Player B30 Level – The Silent Cartographer
- Single Player B40 Level – Assault on the Control Room
- Single Player C10 Level – 343 Guilty Spark
- Single Player C20 Level – The Library
- Single Player C40 Level – Two Betrayals
- Single Player D20 Level – Keyes
- Single Player D40 Level – The Maw
Once you have copied the maps over you will still need a way to start the maps. You can do this two ways.
Method one: Use console to change maps.
- Launch with console (-console) and start a game then change the map (map_name %ltmap name%lt) in the console
Method two: Install the UI map file to add the campaign option to the main menu.
- Extract RynO_UI.zip (download) included in the Halo1CE.zip file in the files section of this page.
- Open <install dir>\maps (ex: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\maps) and backup (copy or rename) ui.map.
- Copy the ui.map file from RynO_UI.zip to <install dir>\maps (ex: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\maps).
- Your will now see a campaign option in the main menu. The map will automatically change after completing each level.